THOMAS S. PARISI, MD FACP DABLVM RPhS
Dr. Thomas S. Parisi, MD FACP DABVLM RPhS completed his medical residency from The University of Nevada, Reno, in 2005. He became a Certified Diplomate of Phlebology and has practiced with Las Vegas Vein since its inception in 2006. Las Vegas Vein is the only Accredited Vein Center in Nevada and uses only Standard of Care techniques with FDA approved materials.
Dr. Parisi also specializes in wound healing (inpatient & outpatient), wound consultations, hyperbaric and undersea medicine, and lymphedema treatment at local area hospitals. Dr. Parisi is the most experienced endovascular phebologist in the Las Vegas Valley. He specializes in radiofrequency, LASER, MOCA, microphlebectomy, sclerotherapy, and cutaneous skin surgery. He is also a member of the American College of Phlebology, Society of Vascular Medicine, the Society of Vascular Ultrasound, the Society of Limb Salvage and Functional Reconstruction as well as the American College of Physicians. He is the Senior Attending on Inpatient Wound Care Rounds at Desert Springs Hospital. Dr. Parisi is also a panel provider at the Healogics Advanced Wound Care Center.
In addition, Dr. Parisi has the only certified IAC (Intersocietal Accreditation Commission) Vein Center in the state of Nevada with Las Vegas Vein. The IAC is a network of accredited medical professionals that represent more than 40 medical specialties who contribute to its efforts of excellence. This certification documents achievement in the high-quality standards of vascular ultrasound, echocardiography and nuclear medicine as the test ensures that quality standards and requirements have been met.
To maintain this accreditation, certified physicians have met the required number of relevant, continuing standards put forth by a national guideline. The center is reviewed every three years to ensure that the center is still performing up to their standards. Las Vegas Vein is also part of the national PCMH (Patient Centered Medical Home) program that ensures that the center has the same standards as a hospital.
Dr. Parisi believes in full body approach to vein health treatment as it is important as the healing treatment. To Dr. Parisi, there’s much more to the treatment process than simply curing venous disease. A patient’s treatment through prevention and support are equally as important. The healing experience begins at the initial consultation, to working with the patient through the treatment process, and through the continued follow-up process of maintaining health and well-being to ensure the quality of life, health, and happiness.
- Gloucester High School, 1988-1992
- Widener University, 1992-1996, B.S. Biology
- Attended Thomas Jefferson University, 1996-1998, M.S. Microbiology
- St. Christopher’s College of Medicine, Cambridge, England, 1998-2001 M.D.
- University of Sint Eustatius School of Medicine, Netherlands, 2001-2002 Post-Doctorate M.D.
- University of Nevada, Reno, 2002 Internship
- University of Nevada, Reno, 2003-2005 Residency
- 2005, 2015 Board Certification
- American College of Phlebology, Premier Member
- American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine, Certified Diplomate
- American College of Physicians, Fellow
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certified
- Las Vegas Vein, Director of Endovascular Procedures
- Healogics, Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine Specialist
- Desert Springs Hospital, Senior Attending of Inpatient Wound Services
- Personal Medical Care, Director